Cookies are plain text files that are used to help manage automated logins, protection of passwords, shopping cart features, personal preferences and a number of other features. Cookies allow these user-friendly and trouble-free functions.
Two key types of cookies are available: session cookies and persistent cookies. When you close your browser, session cookies will be deleted from your computer, while persistent cookies will be stored on your computer until deleted or until their expiry date is reached.
Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows us to ensure the basket is correct as you view our product ranges.
Collecting Information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting.
Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
Cookies are innocuous. They can’t put viruses on your machine. Cookies are not searching for information on your computer. Cookies register through your browser the information you provide. Usually, information stored by cookies is encoded; it is protected by security features from potential computer hackers.
A cookie simply keeps track of your website information to save you time. Cookies just store your data. A cookie is unable to “take” your email address. A cookie may store your email address on the website if you have entered your email address; a cookie will store all information that you voluntarily provide when you visit a website.
Google Cookies & How do we use them?
Leensy.co.uk for the Leensy website publishes Google’s interest-based ads. These are customized by Google based on your browsing history to reflect your search interests. Google will track the web activity of the user in order to use these cookies to determine your interests and behavior across the web.
We may use the data we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognize your machine when you visit the website
- To monitor you while browsing the website and
- To allow the use of any e-commerce facility to improve the functionality of the website
- To evaluate the use of the website while managing the website in order
- To personalize the website for you; including targeted advertisements that may concern you in particular.
Use the Google Ads Preference Manager to access, remove or add categories of interest associated with your app, available at http:/www.google.com/ads/preferences/
If you receive our email updates, we tailor the information we send you based on the data our cookies have collected from your recent visits to our website. You can opt-out of this in any email we send.
Types of cookies we use:
Here are the types of cookies our website may use and some more details about what they’re used for:
- Application Cookies:
These cookies allow us to make sure you get the best possible experience on our website. They’re essential for you to be able to search and buy online with us.
- Behavioural Cookies:
Behavioural Cookies help us provide you with an online experience that’s tailored to your needs. They help us show you the most relevant content, based on your preferences.
- Analytical Cookies:
These cookies help us understand how our customers are using the website, so we can make things better.
We also monitor which of our marketing activities generates traffic to our websites using cookies.
Facebook & Cookies:
Cookies help these platforms deliver, protect and enhance their services, such as customizing the content, tailoring and tracking ads, and offering a more safe and user-friendly experience.
The elimination of cookies:
You can also delete cookies that have already been stored on your computer:
- Internet Explorer allows you to delete cookie files manually;
- Firefox allows you to delete cookies first by making sure that cookies are deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools,” “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
- Google Chrome allows you to adjust your cookie permissions in the “Security” tab by clicking on “Settings,” “Under the hood.” Click on the “Content Settings” tab for cookies.
- Safari lets you delete Cookies by clicking “Preferences”, selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Remove All Website Data”.
COOKIES – THE LOWDOWN
Read through this section for all you need to know about what cookies are and how we use them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us or our partners. They let us identify the device you’re using – but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website.
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using – so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to make a purchase.
• Make it possible for you to use our website
• Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
• Find out more about how our customers use the site
Buying Our Products Online
Keeping track of your searches and preferences, your recent searches and shortlisted preferences are recorded using cookies.
If you’ve searched for a product, left our website and then you come back later, the search panel will NOT keep the information you provided before, so you will need to fill everything in again.
Improving Your Experience
We can also find out how you move around our website, so we can look into any errors stopping you from being able to do what you want. The data we collect from cookies is really important for us to improve your experience.
Making Your Experience Personal:
When you’re on our website, we might interact with you or show you personalized information and offers anonymously. Cookies help us to do this by letting us know how you’re using our website on your particular computer or device, which means we can work out what’s most relevant to your preferred viewing platform.
Receive our email newsletters? We link information from cookies with your email registration details so we can tailor the information we send you – unless you tell us not to. You’ll be given the chance to opt-out on every email we send you.
Refusing cookies and changing your mind after you’ve accepted:
Refusing of Cookies:
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome allow their users to reject cookies wholly or partially.
Some browsers make it possible for you to reject cookies. For example:
- Internet Explorer allows you to reject all cookies by clicking on “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy” and choose “Disable all cookies” using the sliding selector;
- Firefox allows you to disable all cookies by clicking on “Tools,” “Options” and uncheck “Allow page cookies” in the “Privacy” tab.
- By choosing “Options,” Google Chrome allows you to adjust your cookie permissions.
- Google Chrome allows you to adjust your cookie permissions in the “Security” page by clicking on “Tools,” “Under the hood.” Click on the User Settings Cookies tab.
- Safari allows you to block cookies by clicking “Preferences,” by choosing “Security” and “Cookies block.”
Please visit https:/www.aboutCookies.org/how-to-control cookies/ to find your browser and its cookie settings.
Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies: